Alpine ski races in Crans-Montana have always been a great success. They started in 1911, with the first downhill in skiing history. Then came the first FIS World Cup race in 1977, the unforgettable
1987 World Championships, and since 2016, the annual World Cup ladies’ classic. Now an important new chapter is on the horizon, the return of the Alpine World Ski Championships to the Haut-Plateau region.
The Crans-Montana/Valais 2025 bid has to be conducted with energy, emotion and confidence.
On Wednesday 3 October 2018, Marius Robyr, executive director of the Crans-Montana/Valais bid for the organisation of the 2025 Alpine World Ski Championships, had the great pleasure of unveiling the logo for the bid. This took place in the presence of representatives of local authorities, the media and other guests. The logo is a judicious union of the canton of Valais, the destination of Crans-Montana and the FIS International Ski Federation Alpine World Ski Championships. Marius Robyr describes it as dynamic, modern and convincing, a logo which creates strong links and ties.
- The red star represents Valais. It features in the centre of the 2025 figure positioned so that its base represents a stylised mountain. This clearly positions the logo as an Alpine sport logo.
- The sky-blue curve symbolises the energy of alpine ski disciplines. It is a central dynamic element, and features in other colours too, in all Corporate Design use related to the bid.
- The Crans-Montana logo flanked by the Swiss flag clearly marks the centre of the logo. In white on a blue background for maximum impact and contrast. Just below, the FIS Alpine World Ski Championships text in the centre adds the necessary balance.
The design of the new SMC bus– the first model –displays the main elements of the new image for the bid. The common theme; competence, and a passion for competition alpine skiing, uniting the past, present and future.
The bus sports :
- The impressive panorama of the mountains in Crans-Montana, which is used as a background, symbolising the arena in which the World Championship races take place.
- The logo on a dark blue background,as presented above, referring to the destination of Crans-Montana and to Valais, with the presence of the red star that crowns the logo.
- Commitment, passion and energy for competition skiing are highlighted by red curves which run along the sides of the bus,
- And, alongside the picture of the skier Michelle Gisin, also remind us of ski tracks in the different disciplines in the FIS Ski World Championships – from the downhill to the Super-G, to the technical disciplines.
All of these elements combined lend to the bid the desired character, strength and modernity.
This friendly meeting about the bid took place at the CMA cable car « Barzettes » car park. In brief addresses, Martial Kamerzin, president of the ACCM (Crans-Montana Association of Communes), Philippe P. Magistretti, director of the CMA cable cars, and Patrick Cretton, director of the SMC (Compagnie de Chemin de Fer et d’Autobus) transport company, declared that they were united in fully supporting the « challenge » of the Crans-Montana/Valais bid for the organisation of the 2025 FIS Alpine World Ski Championships.
Philippe P. Magistretti